St. Croix Valley Chapter of Let's Go Fishing:
Cost: The trip is free! You may make a donation on board, or on this site if you wish.
We serve: Seniors (55+), Persons with Physical or Developmental Disabilities, All Military Members & Families of deployed, Veterans,
and Intergenerational Youth. Staff members from facilities are allowed if they are assisting the guests. Those individuals need to be identified in
advance of the event.
Each 2 hour outing is designated as either: A fishing trip or an excursion (leisurely cruise on the river).
What do we provide? LGF provides the pontoon boat, Captain and crew; life jackets (which have to be worn by all people on the boat),
fishing poles, bait, and water.
Signing up for a trip could not be easier:
Click here to check for OPEN times on the Calendar
Then Complete the Request for Trip Form. Click Here to Open
What details do I need to know?
- Maximum number of guests is 10 [staff, residences, and max. 3 people in wheel chairs]
Note: Boat crew is not included in the counts listed.
- Two-hour trips. Make sure you use the bathroom before you get on board- we don't have one on the boat! There's a porta potty on site.
- When you make a reservation, let us know of any Medical Alerts or disabilities we should be aware of so we can accommodate your needs as best we can.
- When you reserve a trip for a group, provide us with: Name of group, contact person, telephone #, email, and emergency contact info: names, phone numbers, etc.
- Guests who will be fishing need a fishing license, as required (nursing homes may cover this requirement by contacting the Minnesota Department of
Natural Resources for a nursing home permit). We promote catch and release fishing, however, you may keep the fish. Fish cleaning is the guest's
responsibility. We do not cast fish, only allow bobber or drop line fishing.
- All guests need to provide their own transportation to/from the marina in Bayport, MN. They need to arrive 1/2 hour prior to the scheduled time,
so they can be assisted onto the boat. All guests need to complete the Guest Boarding Pass-Release
of Liability & Photo Approval. We request groups complete the form prior to arrival. Individuals can sign the form when they arrive.
- No alcoholic beverages or smoking are allowed on the pontoon.
- We can provide you with a flyer for the event. Just let us know and we can email it to you.
Minnesota fishing Info:
Directions to the Bayport Marina are:
200 5th Avenue South
Bayport, MN 55003-1468
Right lane at "Y". Go over the railroad track and turn right onto Starboard Tack Lane.
Go to the end of the road to the last ramp, next to the gas dock. Slip D49 is at the bottom of the ramp.
All guests are to stay in the parking lot area and will be escorted onto the boat, one at a time.
(NOTE: The boat is not located at the Beach House Marina in the Bayport Park)